Suggested Reading and Books
- Good Charts by Scott Berinato - great for deciding what visual to use when. I wrote some comments about it.
- Sketching User Experiences by Bill Buxton - good for people wanting to learn how to do design before investing in code and pixels
- Visualizing Financial Data by Julie Rodriguez and Piotr Kaczmarek - likely to be the premier text on this topic. Julie and I worked together at Fidelity way back...
- Change by Design by Tim Brown (IDEO) - good for business leaders
- Most texts by Edward Tufte and Stephen Few - Edward's books usually come free with his lecture course if you can catch him on tour
- Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug - a basic text about designing for the web
Brian O'Neill is a product designer and UX consultant who helps product managers, analytics practitioners, and business leaders create indispensable data products and analytics solutions.