Suggested Reading and Books
- Good Charts by Scott Berinato - great for deciding what visual to use when.
- Sketching User Experiences by Bill Buxton - good for people wanting to learn how to flush out problems and low-fidelity design before investing in code/data and expensive prototypes.
- Visualizing Financial Data by Julie Rodriguez and Piotr Kaczmarek - likely to be the premier text on this topic. Julie and I worked together at Fidelity way back...
- Change by Design by Tim Brown (IDEO) - good for business leaders on how design is directly correlated to business impact
- Most texts by Edward Tufte - Edward's books usually come free with his lecture course if you can catch him on tour
- Most books by Stephen Few on dashboarding
- Storytelling With Data - Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic
- How Charts Lie - Alberto Cairo
- Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug - a basic text about designing for the web (101-type text but can be good for totally new non-designers)