MinneBos Conference (Minneanalytics)
You Built It, But They Didn't Come: How Human-Centered Design Increases the Value of Decision Support Tools
August 22, 2019 - 1030am
Questrom School of Business
Register to Attend
Conference Appearances and Testimonials
- 2019 MinneBOS Conference (Minneanalytics)
- 2019 Product Management Association (PDMA) Conference "Disruption by Design"
- 2019 Predictive Analytics World (London)
- 2019 International Institute for Analytics Symposium (Portland)
- 2019 Enterprise Data World (Boston)
- 2019 O'Reilly Strata Conference (London)
- 2018 Predictive Analytics World (Berlin)
- 2018 O'Reilly Strata Conference (NYC)
- 2018 O'Reilly Strata Conference (London)
- 2017 O'Reilly Strata Conference (NYC)
- Berklee College of Music "Future of Music Business"
- UX Boston Meetup
- Django Boston Users Group
“Great session, very different approach to other sessions experienced so far. It's incredible how difficult it is to ask open questions 😉
“UX is a big part of how we'll get analytics to the next level. (10/10)
Really liked this topic and viewpoint! (9/10)
Brian is the host of the podcast, Experiencing Data, and has also appeared as a guest on the following shows (in chronological order):
Recorded April 5, 2018
Is Poor Design Responsible For Your Underperforming Analytics Solution?
If you're a product manager or business leader, don't miss my free Brighttalk webinar, presented in conjunction with the International Institute for Analytics.
For over ten years, studies repeatedly show that analytics, big data, and now AI projects will only be successful in delivering value about 13-20% of the time. The problem is not just technology, it's people.
I am passionate about helping connect the power of human-centered design to analytics, data products, and data science.
Data is the language of technology.
Design is the language of decision support, empathy, and user experience.
I want to help data science, analytics, and software product leaders learn to bring these two things together so that technology serves the people, and data solutions become trusted, engaging, and indispensable.
Only then, does value get created.
- I’d Like Some AI w/ a Side of ML Please! Turning a Request for AI Into An Workable Problem
- You Built It, But They Didn't Come: How Human-Centered Design Increases the Value of Decision Support Tools
- Is Empathy The Missing Ingredient In Your Next Data Product?