If you already know what I do, you can skip right to my service offerings below.
Who I Help
I help enterprise companies turn data into indispensable information products and services.
Whether you're on the business/product side, or the technical side (data science, engineering, analytics), my goal is to help you figure out how to ensure that you or your customer's data is presented and experienced in a useful, usable way that it creates business value and becomes indispensable.
Problems I Help Solve With DesignThe data and analytics industry has a low success rate for technology initiatives, despite spending tons of money. If you are in tech, you probably also know that bad design can also lead to overspending on engineering, delayed release cycles, and technical debt you may not be able to ditch very easily. However, these are just the cost-saving attributes of good design.
Good design is also good business, and this is partly why clients hire me. Like them, I would love to help you:
- Increase profit, if you're a SAAS/commercial product, by increasing satisfaction, retention, and engagement
- Ensure your investments in technology/data/analytics is actually realized, seen, understood, and used by your users
- Reduce how much customer effort is required to get value from the application
- Give users a compelling reason to "switch" to your new analytics service
- Provide a product vision and build confidence for you, your team, and your stakeholders that your data product or application is "on the right track"
- Give you a lower-cost method to validate there is a market/need for your data product or technology, and what type of UI/UX users will require to make the service valuable
Design is the glue that brings data, technology, business objectives, and human needs together.
I'd love to help you craft a custom enterprise data product or analytics app that your users can't live without.
You can browse my design and UX consulting services below.
“One of the key capabilities Brian brought to the table was the ability to help us distinguish between "vanity" analytics and "actionable” analytics, so that our service’s data was always presented in a way to help users actually make better business decisions. In the end, the prospects to whom we showed Brian’s designs were wowed by the extremely clean and elegant presentation of our video analytics, and we got excellent feedback that this design was much better than the existing, highly established players in this space.
My consultancy specializes in design and UX strategy for custom enterprise data products which can include SAAS products or internal decision support applications (here are some case studies). Client deliverables vary with each Service Offering but may include:
- Advice (audits, advisory services, etc)
- Strategy (identifying opportunities to productize data, clarifying business and user goals, roadmaps, sprint planning, use case development, and especially problem definition and exploration)
- Process review (is your engineering process helping or hurting the delivery of good value to your users?)
- UX research (e.g. usability studies and user interviews etc.)
- Sketching and workflow diagrams (low-fidelity design)
- Visual / data visualization improvements (UI design)
We can discuss which activities are relevant to the Service Offering you're interested in during your free consultation call.
“When Brian came on board, he helped us significantly accelerate our design efforts and meet our major enterprise clients’ expectations and deadlines. We have gotten a lot of mileage out of his work, and we've received good responses from our customers. I can’t recommend him enough.
Not ready to work with me yet?
Join my mailing list or download my free Designing for Analytics Self-Assessment Guide containing nine key design strategies to make your information product, analytics SAAS, or decision support tool indispensable to customers.