Your place to connect, share and learn with other data product leaders leveraging product management and UX design to create indispensable ML/AI and analytics solutions.
Join data product managers and leaders from companies like:
Do you approach your data-driven solutions as data products—not projects?
Do you believe data products have to be useful, usable, and valuable—not just technically right?
Tired of being the only one on the team who thinks user adoption is critical to success ?
Ever wondered if there are other data leaders integrating modern software product management and UX design into their data science and engineering teams—because it's the obvious path to increased adoption and economic value?
- ...your had a safe, supportive place to discuss or gut-check new data product management and UX design methods—before implementing them.
- ...you could see how your peers are implementing rapid experimentation into their process and what they've learned along the way.
- ...you had a place to present your ideas with a collective of like-minded people eager to learn about your approach, case study, or demo—and get productive feedback?
- …you could transition away from doing data delivery projects and become seen as a the go-to team for building high-value, human-centered data products customers love?
If that's you, the DPLC is finally here to help!
Join the Data Product Leadership Community—because you're not alone!
Connect, share and learn with other data product leaders leveraging product management and UX design to create indispensable ML/AI and analytics solutions.
The DPLC is a solace to me; this community feels vibrant and incredible. And the spillover onto LinkedIn with all of our comments is so fun! Thank you for building this!
What's included in annual membership?
- A curated community for non-technical discussion of data product management and design
We welcome established and emerging data product leaders from both the software and non-software "internal" teams backgrounds. All new members undergo a light screening and must meet a few membership requirements.
- Monthly Zoom presentations and conversations—by and for you
Each month, one member or guest will be present a brief case study, lessons learned, demo or related presentation and host a discussion that is also recorded on Zoom. At launch, we have 20 months worth of sessions already lined up from our Founding Members! See the upcoming Zoom sessions below.
- A Slack room for Q/A, venting, and celebration with a global community
Get help, celebrate wins, share your frustration, and challenge your thinking 24/7 with diverse perspectives across industries and around the globe.
- 1x1 Networking
Get paired up for meet/greet calls with other members so you can begin forming personal relationships with other leaders like you
- Access and Contribute to the DPLC Content Archive
Missed a live event? We record our live sessions and will keep a list of DPLC member-only content such as methods, case studies, and presentations.
- Potential to become a guest on 🎧 Experiencing Data
Some of our Founding Members have already been on my podcast, Experiencing Data which explores the intersection of data product management, data science, UX design and analytics.
- Special guest presentations and webinars TBA!
Who We Are
Brian, whatever I have put in to date to the DPLC, I’ve gotten back at least two-fold in value
Our applicants to date come from companies like:
In May of 2023, I interviewed over 30 interested applicants and selected 20 to become the initial Founding Members. These people have agreed to help get the community off the ground, to be the first to present, and to help shape the direction of the community as it grows.
The UX perspective is newer to me and this is exactly the kind of interdisciplinary content I was looking to get out of this community
SVP, Product Management Director - AI/ML Capabilities
Data Product Strategist
Director, Data Product Architect
Senior Data Product Manager
Strategic Business Operations Lead
Head of Insight Products (Data & Insight Unit)
Care Quality Commission
Lead Product Designer
|Nadiem von Heydebrand|
|Marnix van de Stolpe|
Customer Data Manager
Staff VP - Data Products & Platform
Elevance Health - Carelon Health Services
Head of Product - Data
Dun & Bradstreet
Operations & Data Partner
Product Line Manager - Data & Analytics
service + process designer
Head of Data & ML Product Management
Upcoming Zoom/Live Session Dates
When do the monthly live sessions occur?
Thursdays 12-1pm ET, usually mid-month, is our default slot, but we use polls in Slack when this time is not available or convenient for speakers.
Upcoming Member Webinars + Discussions
|Date||Speaker & Topic||Recorded?|
|Katy Pusch - Our first session!|
How to Launch a Successful DP*
|Peter Everill |
Practice What You Preach: Using Metrics to Drive Your Data Product Team
|Jonathan Cairns-Terry |
From Analytics to Insight Products - Adopting Data Product Management
|Marnix van de Stolpe|
Why we stopped, deleted 1.5 years worth of ML work, and shifted to a product mindset at Coolblue
Tackling Low Adoption of Data Products Using 2 Frameworks from Behavioral and Cognitive Science
|January 2024||Pradeep Paranjothi|
Case Study Deep Dive: Lessons Learned Designing a Deal Analytics Product
|February 2024||Corey Putney|
Building an AI/ML Advertising Analytics Saas Product: A Case Study for Rapid Prototyping and Innovation
|March 2024||Karen Meppen|
Balancing customer/sponsor demands for data products with the reality of the data they have
|We have over 15 webinars and sessions scheduled out to 2025. Get notified when new webinars are announced.|
I had great calls with Nadiem von Heydebrand and Anna Jacobson this morning. They are exactly the kind of people I wanted to connect with personally and professionally.
- Membership is limited to 100 people at launch
The DPLC wants to grow carefully, giving us around 80 slots for new members at launch (the first 20 slots are comprised of our Founding Members). If the size is working well for the community during our launch period, we will continue adding seats.
- All members need to demonstrate either:
- A relevant portfolio of data projects/products relating to the DPLC's focus -or-
- 5+ years of experience in one of our core facets of data product development: data science/analytics, data engineering, product management, UI/UX design or UX research
- We do not use job titles to determine your eligibility, but you must be actively involved with data product management or design in your role.
For example, a data scientist who has been elevated to the de facto product manager for an internal data team or product would likely qualify.
- We intentionally invite a mix of senior ICs, managers, and execs to join.
We believe knowledge exchange happens bottom-up and top-down.
- Vendors and consultants:
You are welcome to apply so long as you meet the same requirements and closely adhere to our Rules of the Road. Cold selling or blatant self-promotion from any member will not be tolerated and may result in dismissal without refund.
These will be strictly enforced and non-compliance may subject you to dismissal without warning or notification.
What happens after I register?
- After registering, you will go through a brief 15-min screening interview with an existing DPLC Founding Member to make sure there is a good mutual fit. (In the odd case you aren't a fit, you'll be refunded immediately). One of our Founding Members called these screenings "mostly an a$$hole check." They are also to ensure you're showing a demonstrated interest in contributing to the DPLC as well as learning.
- After your interview, we will notify you if you've been accepted. If admitted, you will receive a welcome email and your Slack invite with info on how to onboard. If we are unable to admit you, you will be notified accordingly and a full refund will be issued as soon as possible (usually within 24 hours).
Apply to the DPLC Now:
No Risk, 100% Money-Back Guarantee
Not happy after the first 45 days of membership?
Just send me a DM in Slack and I'll refund your entire purchase in full with no questions asked. It's 45 days so that you have a chance to catch at least 1 or 2 of our live monthly sessions. This guarantee is only available in the first year of your membership.
About the Founder of the DPLC
My name is Brian T. O'Neill, and I help data product leaders increase adoption of ML and analytics solutions by design. I have worked with companies including DellEMC, Tripadvisor, Fidelity, JP Morgan Chase, ETrade and have helped design products for several enterprise startups. On the side, I advise on product management and design for MIT's Sandbox venture fund and host the Experiencing Data podcast. After many years of speaking, advising, and training data professionals on how to adopt design and product management techniques into ML/AI and analytics solutions, I realized there was nowhere for like-minded product professionals to connect. So, I started the DPLC. I hope to see you there!
Not ready to join today?
Join my free Insights mailing list and I'll keep you updated on the DPLC as well as sending you weekly insights on increasing adoption of ML and analytics products, data product UX design, and data product management.