Oreilly Strata Data Conference - Wed, 9/27/17 @ 2pm (NYC)
Design for Non-Designers: Increasing Revenue, Usability, and Utility Within Data Analytics Products
Brian O'Neill has been designing useful, usable, and beautiful products for the web since 1996. Currently, Brian focuses on helping companies design indispensable analytics software products that customers love via his consultancy, Designing for Analytics. His clients and past employers include DELL/EMC, NetApp, Tripadvisor, Fidelity, DataXu, Apptopia, Accenture, MITRE, Kyruus, Dispatch.me, JP Morgan Chase, the Future of Music Coalition, and ETrade among others, and he has worked on award-winning storage industry software for Akorri and Infinio. Around 2010, Brian co-founded the adventure travel company, TravelDragon.com, and he has invested in several Boston-area startups as well. When he is not manning his Big Green Egg at a BBQ or mixing a classic tiki cocktail, Brian can be found on stage as a professional percussionist and drummer. He leads the acclaimed dual-ensemble, Mr. Ho's Orchestrotica that is "anything but straightforward" (Washington Post) and has performed at Carnegie Hall, the Kennedy Center, and the Montreal Jazz Festival.
Contact me to inquire about speaking engagements. I have spoken at:
- Startup Boston Podcast, Episode 38
- Berklee College of Music (BerkleeOnline) - "Future of Music Business" (discussing Artist Revenue Streams Data Portal)
- UX Boston Meetup: "The Many-Hat Product Designer"
- No Dogma Podcast: "Good Design in Software"
- Django Boston Users Group: "Design Thinking for Non-Designers" (video)