Brian O'Neill is a product designer and founder of the consulting firm, Designing for Analytics, which helps companies design indispensable data and analytics software products that customers love. His clients and past employers include DELL/EMC, NetApp, Tripadvisor, Fidelity, DataXu, Apptopia, Accenture, MITRE, Kyruus, Dispatch.me, JP Morgan Chase, the Future of Music Coalition, and ETrade among others, and he has worked on award-winning storage industry software for Akorri and Infinio. Around 2010, Brian co-founded the adventure travel company, TravelDragon.com, and he has invested in several Boston-area startups as well.
When he is not manning his Big Green Egg at a BBQ or mixing a classic tiki cocktail, Brian can be found on stage performing as a professional percussionist and drummer. He leads the acclaimed dual-ensemble, Mr. Ho's Orchestrotica that is "anything but straightforward" (Washington Post) and has performed at Carnegie Hall, the Kennedy Center, and the Montreal Jazz Festival.
If you're at a conference, he'll probably be the only person walking around with an orange leather messenger bag.
Contact me to inquire about speaking engagements. I have spoken at:
- 2017 O'Reilly/Cloudera Strata Conference (NYC): "Design for Non-Designers"
- Startup Boston Podcast, Episode 38
- Berklee College of Music (BerkleeOnline) - "Future of Music Business" (discussing Artist Revenue Streams Data Portal)
- UX Boston Meetup: "The Many-Hat Product Designer"
- No Dogma Podcast: "Good Design in Software"
- Django Boston Users Group: "Design Thinking for Non-Designers" (video)